Anmum, Folic Acid and Music

My OB, Dr. Agnes Tucay advised me to have the following items in my life now that I have an 8 week old baby inside me:

1. Anmum -- Dr. Tucay said I can take Anmum or any kind of milk so I could have enough calcium and protein in my diet. A friend of mine advised me earlier that during her pregnancy, she didn't like how Anmum tasted. I took her advise and looked for a chocolate-flavored Anmum instead. The box suggested it to be taken with cold water, I did try it but the powder did not mix well with water. Also, it tasted like sustagen minus the sweetness. I later on found out that it was best to add some sugar and drink it using warm water.

2. Folic Acid -- Folic acid prevents neural defects on infants. We get folic acid from citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables and some nuts but not all is being absorbed by our body. Thus, pregnant women need to take supplements. I got a warning from my OB that I may not like taking folic acid supplements when I feel nauseated. She said that I can take it anytime of the day as long as I take one per day. After taking folic acid capsules for a few days, I can conclude that it made me feel acidic and a bit dizzy. Good thing I take the supplements when I'm about to sleep.

3. Music -- Studies have shown that babies inside the womb of a mother is stimulated by music. Dr. Tucay told me that I can play music near my womb since it can already create impression for the baby. I love music so no problem for me listening (and singing) to music.


0 comments:

Post a Comment